RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
Your sanity and satisfaction are our top priorities. Since we understand your fear when buying clothing online, we are as lenient as possible with our return policy, within reason; however, a large amount of responsibility lies with you. Make sure you're completely satisfied with your order before checking out. Check the color, size, and quantity of each item in your cart to ensure your order is as you want it. And, of course, feel free to contact us with any specific questions you may have about a particular style.
WHEN WE WILL ACCEPT RETURNS
If for some reason you are not pleased once you've received your item(s), we will take them back for exchange or refund if it is SHIPPED back within 15 days from the date UPS or USPS claims the package was delivered (based on carrier tracking information).
You may return any regular priced item within 15 days for a full refund (excluding shipping) to the credit card on file or issued as a refundable store credit. We cannot and will not refund directly to your bank via a wire transfer, nor can we refund to another credit card other than the card you used to purchase the clothes.
You may return a sale/closeout item for a non-refundable store credit to be used toward any other order in the future. Our store credits currently have no expiration date.
We WILL NOT issue a refund for the shipping fees unless we caused undue delay to your order or you received items damaged or other than what you ordered! Changing your mind about an item or an order you placed after you receive it is your prerogative but we are not responsible for shipping charges if you do so.
We will not refund your money or issue store credit if the item(s) is not returned to us within the 15 days! We cannot be held responsible if you went on vacation to Europe for 4 months and forgot to send the pants back before you left, your computer had a virus and you couldn't get online to contact us (there's always the phone!), or your dog ate your homework, so to speak. We strongly encourage you to obtain a tracking number for anything you return to us as we are NOT responsible to refund/exchange/store credit for returned merchandise that does not reach us and there is not tracking number to be able to track your return shipment down.
Refunds and exchanges are generally completed within 7-10 business days from the day we receive your garment back. Depending on your bank’s policy, a refund may not show up on your account for up to one billing cycle.
For more information on our SHIPPING policy, please go here.
Items listed in our Sale section and/or listed at a discounted or sale price or marked as closeout are returnable for exchange or store credit ONLY, if it is SHIPPED back within 15 days from the date UPS or USPS claims the package was delivered (based on carrier tracking information).
No credit card refunds – NO EXCEPTIONS! However, you can exchange for any other style that you want. Additionally, every Sale item ordered will be clearly marked CLOSEOUT: EXCHANGE ONLY on the invoice provided in your package. If you have questions or concerns about this, please e-mail us.
HOW TO RETURN/EXCHANGE ITEMS
In your package you will receive an invoice that has a return form on the back of it. Simply fill it out based on the instructions listed and send it to the address on the front of the invoice, marked ATTN: WEB SALES. On the off chance that you either don't receive an invoice in your package or the invoice does not have return information on the back, this is what you need to do:
- Write a note giving us your full name, address, phone number, the e-mail address you used when placing the order, your order number, what items you are returning (style number, color, size, and quantity, please!), why you are returning them (didn't fit, didn't like, etc), and what you need us to do for you (exchange for a different size/color/style, refund your money, etc.). Be sure to include the style number, size, color, and quantity of what you want if you are asking for an exchange! If this information is missing, it will delay the processing of your exchange.
Wrap the note up with the garment and ship it back to us via whatever shipping company you wish to:
ATTN: Web Sales
The Original Cult
130 South Anderson Street
Los Angeles, CA 90033
- We strongly encourage you to obtain a tracking number for anything you return to us as we are NOT responsible to refund/exchange/store credit for returned merchandise that does not reach us and there is not tracking number to be able to track your return shipment down. Please take this advice!!
- ANY GARMENTS BEING RETURNED MUST BE IN THEIR ORIGINAL CONDITION. Do not cut off the label or care instructions that are sewn into the garment before you try the item on and have decided to keep it permanently. Removal of any tags that are sewn into the garment will result in a non-returnable garment. DO NOT WASH IT!!
- YOU MUST RETURN THE GARMENT EXACTLY AS YOU RECEIVED IT.
- As a general rule, if you wouldn't accept it as new, we can't sell it as new, so will not take it back. If we receive your garment back and it has obviously been worn it will be immediately sent back to you and the credit card on file for your account will be charged for the shipping fees. No exceptions.
We know it's hard to figure out your size when you can't try things on first. We also know it's hard to tell if the color you see online is going to be exactly the same as the color of the garment you can expect receive (let's face it, monitors vary). However, if you must repeatedly buy $500 worth of clothing, only to return more than half of it (50%) within 15 days later, you'll get our dander up. Should this happen, we will warn you in writing with your next order that we reserve the right to impose a restocking fee on your next large return.
The restocking fee is equal to 30% of the original price paid for every item returned. Example: Say $200 worth of a $250 order is returned to us for a refund. 30% of $200 is $60. $200 - $60 = $140 which is the amount that will be refunded to the credit card on file.
If we receive your return and feel a restocking fee is justified, we will contact you via e-mail and/or telephone before taking any action in order to give you the opportunity to request an exchange instead. Whether or not a restocking fee is applied is based on individual circumstances and cannot be predicted before the items are returned.
For more information, please contact us. We promise that we're here to help you, not mess with you, so please contact us before becoming upset over our policies.